NEW COVID 19 - MARKET REGULATIONS
Defra have confirmed that markets may take place tomorrow, Tuesday 24th March. However we MUST apply strict conditions.
With immediate effect LAA members MUST implement a “drop and go” policy for vendors bringing stock to market.
We MUST implement a “drop and go” policy for vendors.
This action is to prevent any sellers from entering the market.
Vendors MUST be instructed to deliver their animals to the loading bays (remaining in their vehicles) whilst the market staff unload the vehicle and take the animals to their pens.
The sale documentation MUST be collected by the auctioneers staff from the vendor’s vehicle when they arrive at the unloading docks – Vendors MUST NOT take the paperwork to the market office themselves, or enter the market pennage area for any reason.
Please note the wash out will not be open and all vendors MUST sign a wash out declaration.
The LAA appreciates that this will create many challenges – no more so than developing a system by which the vendor can accept or reject the price offered at the time of sale.
Unfortunately, if we want to stay in business and protect everyone from the virus we need to find and implement solutions to these challenges.
Honiton Livestock Market is uniquely serving the Devon and Somerset farming community
This successful market owes its success to Stags' team of efficient, experienced and knowledgeable auctioneers. By offering competitive live and deadweight pricing, together with prompt payment, Stags has made the market extremely popular with both vendors and major abattoirs across the UK.
Key benefits of Honiton Livestock Market
- Every Monday from 6am to 10am, we host collections of Prime, OTM and cull cattle, prime lambs and cull sheep and goats
- Prime lambs and hoggs weighed live on an open weighbridge (average weekly entry 1,000 head)
- Competitive commission rates
- Total deductions of just £30.22 including levies for cull cows and no haulage charges for collection of 5 or more cull cows from your holding and delivery to a local abattoir (same £30.22 cost per cow)
- No six-day standstill restriction
- TB-approved slaughter collection
- Weekly texts sent out to producers informing them of current prices and likely demand
- Stags' own transport can be arranged to collect direct from farms
- Experienced auctioneers who know their job inside out
- Through its dedicated and reliable service, Stags achieves the best sales results, placing stock to achieve the best prices
- Stags continues to build strong relationships with abattoirs
- Stags' reputation is your guarantee that we will always act in your best interests
Stags provides a fast, efficient service with invaluable advice
The system devised by Stags auctioneers works extremely well; every weekend text messages with prices are sent out, so that producers have an indication of what they will get for their stock prior to presenting them at the livestock market. Before the stock is weighed in, one of Stags' auctioneers will sort through and grade them with the producer, offering valuable feedback. Stags will then look to sell and place the stock to buyers and abattoirs. There is no queuing or hanging around all day; the whole process is fast, efficient and welfare-friendly.
High turnover of competitively priced stock
Annually over 50,000 prime lambs/hoggs and 2,000 prime cattle and cull cows are sold as producers take advantage of competitive prices and low deductions.
Weekly Calf Collections
Every Thursday, Stags conducts a weekly collection of rearing calves in association with Blade Farming, with an average weekly entry of 120 calves. Blade Farming is one of the largest buyers of dairy-bred calves in the UK. Regular collections are held on a Friday of TB-restricted rearing calves.
For further information about our calf collections and up-to-date prices, please contact Ian Ellicott 07919 210295 or visit Blade Farming.
Silver Street Saleroom
Stags, working in association with Chilcotts Auctioneers, holds regular sales of antique furniture, silver and various collector's items at the Silver Street Salerooms in Honiton, Devon.
Chilcotts, run by Duncan and Elizabeth Chilcott, provides the complete auction and valuation service for silver, jewellery, clocks, watches, ceramics, pictures, good antique and period furniture and collector's items incluing postcards, toys, medals and militaria.
Chilcotts' Honiton auctions are held on Saturdays and are well-attended with a lively atmosphere.
Call 01404 47783 or visit Chilcotts for forthcoming