Planning and Development
Stags South West planning and development consultants provide expert planning advice across Devon, Somerset, Cornwall and Dorset, and can help maximise the value of land and property through new development.
Stags planning and development services include:
- Project co-ordination and lead consultancy services
- Pre-purchase assessment and advice
- Site appraisals
- Class Q permitted development right and other permitted development right submissions
- Planning strategy formulation
- Development agreement and developer negotiation
- Strategic site promotion including SHLAA submissions/local plan representation
- Portfolio review and assessment of development options
- Planning application preparation and submission
- Negotiation of planning (S106) agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy advice
- Consultation and engagement with communities
- Enforcement advice and appeals
- Planning appeals by all methods
- Rural development including occupational dwellings and tie removal
- Direct instruction of Counsel
- Listed building and conservation area applications
The Stags design team has experience in working on projects of varying scales across the South West from housing developments, new homes, barn conversions and extensions to new farm buildings and change of use projects.
Working with other Stags teams and specialist contractors, we are able to manage your project from inception to completion and avoid any complications.
No matter what your architectural need, Stags can assist with:
Appraisal and Brief
- Identifying client requirements and feasibility studies
Gaining Statutory Consents
- Developing and refining appropriate architectural solutions
- Preliminary discussions with local planning departments
- Coordinating with specialist consultants
- Preparation of drawings for planning applications
- Working with Stags Planning team and other consultants to deliver consents
- Preparation of working drawings and obtaining building regulations approval
- Liaison with structural engineers and building control
- Organising and assessing tenders
- Selecting a shortlist of builders and negotiating with a preferred builder
- Project management and contract administration
"The service has been great, the team have been responsive to all of our questions and always delivered on promises. We are looking forward to the next step on our porposed extension.
"To say we are pleased is probably an understatement, and it has been a very seamless, pleasant and interesting experience as well. It has also meant our retirement here will be comfortable financially.