Keep up to date with the latest Stags news
The weather has now truly changed as Winter approaches. We all face the extra effort that’s needed in ensuring our properties are kept in tip top condition.
Remember first impressions count and curb appeal is very important!
1.Leaves- seems to be a never ending task, but a regular sweep of pathways ensures a warm welcome.
2. Removing debris – our gardens take a battering over this period, always good to check areas of the garden on a regular basis and repair any damage.
3. Re-paint - ensure flaking windows and/or doors are attended to.
4. Repair broken tiles/glass - particularly relevant to older properties, ensure there aren’t signs of obvious broken tiles, blown glass panes etc.
5.Gutters - keeping the rain water flowing in the right direction, avoiding any awkward questions raised by viewers regarding drips and drops falling where they shouldn’t!
6. Chimneys - worth checking, as considerable damage can be caused from water ingress.
7. Temperature - Setting the scene: light the fire or woodburner to create a cosy atmosphere.
8. Lighting - Darker days means the lighting needs more attention. Ensure all bulbs are working. It’s very important to set the scene and create a homely environment.
9. Nasty niffs - Smells are a key sensory so try and take steps to reduce any unpleasant odours like wet dogs or damp.
10. De-clutter – not just for the winter months, but ensuring winter wet gear and clobber are kept to a minimum. Aim for clean lines to allow the main attributes of the property to shine through.