Keep up to date with the latest Stags news
Stags is currently experiencing an extraordinary level of activity for the time of year, which is showing few signs of abating. This is down to a number of factors but primarily due to the desire for people to move to the West Country as well as the impending finishing of the Stamp Duty (SDLT) holiday which finishes at the end of March 2021.
This increased activity has resulted in the conveyancing process taking longer, Local Searches can take up to 6 weeks, and for those who require a mortgage, approvals are taking longer.
Here are a few things you can do in order to speed the process up;
1. Get your property ready for photographing.
2. Instruct a solicitor to act for you at the same time as you instruct an agent.
3. Collect all relevant documents that relate to your property, particularly things that relate to changes you have made since you purchased it.
4. If you are requiring a mortgage or want to move your existing one talk to your lender or broker to check if this is feasible.
5. Respond quickly to all requests for information from your agent and solicitor.
6. Consider being flexible with moving dates
Our teams are working across the South West to keep the property marketing moving. If you own a property in the West Country and are considering a sale get in touch with one of our 21 offices…there is no better time to put your property on the market.