Finding the perfect rental home
Thu 15 October 2020
Demand for rental homes is high but this doesn’t mean that you have to settle for second best when finding your perfect home to rent. Now more than ever our homes are integral to our lives and it is important that they fulfil our requirements and become a place to escape and relax.
Below we offer you some simple tips to ensure that you find the right home to suit you.
1. Set your budget
- It is important to start with a budget in mind before you start searching for a property. Your budget should be realistic and attainable to avoid any problems later down the line during your tenancy. Having a clear idea of your budget will give a better understanding of the type and location of properties available in your price range. It is important not only to consider the monthly cost of the rent but to also factor in all of the other associated monthly overheads such as utilities, moving costs and the deposit.
2. Be prepared
- In addition to setting your budget and accounting for your monthly overheads, it is important you have all the information required for reference and credit checks. The purpose of these is to check your affordability of the rent and also to check for any adverse credit you may have attained previously. Make sure your letting agent is aware of any additional income you may have and if anyone else will be contributing to the rent as this can also be taken into consideration.
3. Know what you’re looking for
- Before you begin the search for your perfect rental home, you should have a clear vision of what you are wanting/needing from a property. Generally, the main areas to consider is rental price per month, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms and the location. More specifically, consider questions such as which area would suit your needs best? Is the property close to amenities and schools? Is it in the countryside or close to transport links?
4. Utilise viewings
- Viewings are a perfect opportunity to get a feel for a property and the location. It also gives you the chance to ask crucial questions about factors which will impact your day to day life when living in the property. For example, what is the area like? Is parking easily accessible? What type of heating does the property have? What are the neighbours like?
5. Avoid delay
- With rental property in high demand it is important to avoid delay to ensure that you get the dream home you’re looking for. Although it is important to take your time and ensure the property suits your needs as soon as you have decided the property is right for you, get in touch with the agent!
If you are currently looking for a property to rent, contact your local Stags office
today to begin your search.