Toby is an experienced Rural Practice Surveyor carrying out work in Devon, Somerset and East Dorset. He is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) and is an RICS Accredited Valuer. Toby specialises in the valuation of residential property, farms, land and estates for a variety of purposes including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and secured lending. Toby also acts for private and institutional clients in the West Country advising on general rural practice matters including landlord and tenant, general estate management issues and compensation advice.
Toby lives on the Somerset/Devon border with his wife and two young children where they lead an active outdoor lifestyle revolving around equestrian pursuits. Toby is a keen rugby fan and also likes to make time for hill walking and skiing.
Recent examples of work
- Appointed as Expert Witness in recent matrimonial disputes relating to portfolios of residential property in the South Hams
- Acting for a number of landowners affected by the Kings Ash Road widening scheme
- Acting for landowners in negotiating compensation for disturbance and crops losses following refurbishment of a National Grid pylon route in the South Hams
- Numerous inheritance tax and capital gains tax valuations for both residential and rural property
- Toby and his team can always be relied upon to produce a high-quality and well-reasoned valuation report. Their breadth as a practice means that they are able to call upon other niche areas to assist with any queries that might require a specialist opinion. Partner in the high value matrimonial team of a large regional law firm
- Toby's agricultural background and expertise always provides useful insight to his valuations. He provides excellent client care to individuals and professionals alike and I would not hesitate to recommend him for valuation work. Partner in the family team of a large regional firm of solicitors.