Matthew is a rural chartered surveyor with several years’ experience in rural professional matters and estate management.
Matthew has acted for both institutional and private clients and on properties located across the UK including the West Midlands, an island off the West coast of Scotland, the South and South-West of England.
Matthew has extensive experience in estate and rural property management which includes providing strategic advice to ensure the potential of his client’s assets are maximised. This is complimented by his letting experience whereby he is able to assess the letting potential of any surplus or redundant buildings.
Matthew provides professional advice on a variety of work including landlord and tenant matters, valuations, acting on behalf of landowners with the negotiation of option and promotion agreements, rural property lettings and renewable energy projects.
Recent examples of work:
· Acting on behalf of the landowner in the negotiation of a Promotion Agreement for some land located adjacent to a junction off the M4
· Completing the rent reviews and lease renewals of agricultural holdings on behalf of a County Council
· Acting for the landowner in negotiating terms for an Option and Lease Agreement for a 65 acre solar and 50MW battery storage scheme
· Ongoing management of mixed rural estates, agricultural, residential and commercial property
· Negotiation of a lease for a new Telecommunications mast
· Letting of various properties including a 600 acre equipped farm and farm buildings for alternative uses
· “Thank you for your letter and for all your kind help over the last year or so; I haven’t known you very long but you’ve always been very efficient, helpful and friendly, which is appreciated.” – Mrs M, February 2021
· “I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your work with the various complications over the last couple of years. You have certainly restored my faith and confidence after a difficult time before you took over.” – Mr A, February 2021
· “Matthew assisted us in the re-letting of our land, and his service was at all times attentive, efficient and highly professional. Moreover, despite the work from home requirements of lockdown, everything progressed seamlessly.” – Mr S, April 2020
Contact Matthew Wilcox BSc (Hons) MRICS