21/22 Southernhay West
View office details
Direct Dial: 01823 662822
Mark started his career with an HND in Agriculture and, after working on several local farms, moved away to pursue a career as a lecturer in agriculture specialising in livestock production. In 2000 he returned to the South West and in 2008 joined Stags, before being made an Associate Partner in 2009. His focused, practical approach to providing clients with expert advice has helped to make Stags Professional Services the most sought after department of its kind in the South West.
Experienced and competent in most Rural Practice disciplines, Mark is particularly sought-after to provide advice in valuation, landlord/tenant matters and arbitration. In addition to the normal professional qualifications, Mark has a Level 5 Diploma in Arbitration awarded by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and is also an RICS regulated Valuer.
Recent examples of work
- Negotiating a payment of £150,000 for a tenant who voluntarily gave up his tenancy
- Securing compensation for a loss of profit claim amounting to over £1,600,000 while acting for a government-owned organisation
- Negotiating the sale of a farm and land for a new feeder road and subsequent commercial redevelopment of the land
- Acting as a jointly appointed expert to value a farm subject to tenancy including the value of the tenant’s interest and other properties amounting to approximately £9,000,000
- Mark was recommended to us by our accountants when we required assistance with a family tenancy situation. He acted in a professional, sympathetic and understanding manner during the entire process. Mark guided us through an inevitably tricky situation and his involvement in the resolution of the issue has meant there has been little adverse impact on the business.
- Mark has been helping me to sort out a long running dispute with the Rural Payments Agency. During the time he has been working for me I have always found his professional knowledge to be outstanding and I have always appreciated his help and advice and feel very fortunate indeed to have him acting for me over this very complex situation. The case is still ongoing and to date we have managed to receive a refund of £10,000 plus costs to both parties.
- Mark helped me by compiling compensation claims when water companies and developers carried out work on land we farm. During the time he has worked for me I have found him to be proficient, effective, practical and fair. He represents us efficiently and has calculated items that I hadn’t even considered such as future crop loss arising from soil damage. I have been pleased with the settlements achieved. Using Mark is trouble-free as he handles everything, allowing me to get on with running the business.
- Mark has helped me to manage my land holdings for more than 12 years. Specifically, he manages all interactions and negotiations working as a peer and confidant flawlessly maintaining good relationships with tenants. Mark is consistently responsive, answering promptly whenever I have an issue or question to resolve – I can endorse his work and ethics without reservation.