19 Bampton Street
View office details
Direct Dial: 01884 235701
Lydia is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and a Fellow of the Association of Agricultural Valuers. She has strong links to the West Country having qualified with Stags before spending a year in Dorset to further her experience. Lydia focusses her efforts in Mid and North Devon carrying out a range of professional work including formal valuations, landlord and tenant work, advising on rural grants and subsidy applications including the Basic Payment Scheme, rural planning applications and compensation calculations against utility companies.
Having grown up on a family farm in Somerset, Lydia loves to spend time in the countryside going on long walks and chatting up four-legged friends on the way. She loves to make the most of her holiday allowance with lots of adventures both on home turf and abroad with recent visits to Cuba and Sri Lanka to sample local cultures and food in whilst also enjoying warmer climes.
Recent examples of work
- 78 Basic Payment Scheme applications in 2018 to include land and entitlement transfers, mapping changes, payment appeals, claim amendments and submissions
- Instructed to let 373 acres of arable land and buildings, which has included a full marketing programme to find a suitable tenant, the provision of advice in respect of the farm business tenancy, drafting the tenancy agreement and schedule of condition
- Advice about the options available to remove the holiday occupancy condition on a residential property. This job included the provision of a viability assessment, supporting statement and the completion and submission of the planning application
- Valuation for inheritance tax purposes of a 90-acre farm holding, which includes advice about Agricultural Property Relief and any hope value that is attributable to the farm buildings where there is potential for conversion.
- Thank you for your quick work to date. It's excellent to find someone acting quickly and communicating so well – really quite refreshing, thank you. Mrs C, Truro