Land & Estate Management

Delivered by Michelmore Hughes Stags

When it comes to managing your land and property, Michelmore Hughes Stags has a wealth of experience that can help you make the most of your assets. Stags has merged with the well-respected West Country firm Michelmore Hughes, strengthening our expertise in all aspects of land and estate management.

We represent a range of property owners and advising on a variety of property types, including estates, farms and land, residential and commercial property

Acting for both landlords and tenants, we provide detailed but practical estate and land management services in Devon, Somerset, Cornwall and Dorset. 

We manage a large portfolio of rural property throughout the South West for retained land owners to provide management services of their estates, which typically include farms, cottages and woodland plus diversified assets such as leisure facilities. We will act on a full, retained and advisory basis as required. 

Your rural business can increase in value with the help of our following services:

  • Strategic review for inheritance tax purposes
  • Preparation of business plans
  • Advice on diversification
  • Creation of tenancies, share farming and contract farming agreements
  • Rural grant and subsidy applications
  • Residential property management 
  • Digital mapping services
  • Planning advice

We are currently retained agents for a variety of different private and public sector clients including: 

  • A number of privately owned estates with mixed portfolios
  • Residential property management companies 
  • 2,000-acre forestry estate on Exmoor 
  • Investor-owned farmland, farm buildings and residential property 
  • Private landlords with farms and land to let 
  • The Environment Agency 
  • South West Lakes Trust 

We frequently work alongside legal and accountancy professionals to ensure we achieve the best results and provide a rounded approach so that your tax, or other, positions are not compromised in the process.

For more information, please contact your local professional.